How to get to Toruń ?
The nearest airports are located in
- Bydgoszcz (47 km) – arrivals schedule: http://plb.pl/en/flights/130.
- Gdańsk (174 km, connected with Toruń by A1 motorway) – arrivals schedule: http://www.airport.gdansk.pl/schedule/arrivals-schedule.
(There is a bus by Veolia Transport directly from Gdańsk airport to Toruń. Bus departure: 12:35, arrival: 15:35. From Toruń to Gdańsk airport - departure: 7:00, arrival: 10:00.)
- Poznań (170 km) – arrivals schedule: http://www.airport-poznan.com.pl/en/flight-connections/timetable,
- Warszawa (221 km) – arrivals schedule: http://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/passenger/Planning-your-journey/flight....
The nearest station to the conference center (2,5 km) is Toruń Główny (the main station in Toruń). Routeplanner: http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en .
- from Gdańsk – motorway A1 (toll route - 27,90 PLN) to the junction Toruń – Lubicz,
- from Szczecin – route S10,
- from Frankfurt (Oder) – motorway A2 (toll route – 47 PLN) to the junction Września, then route 15 through Gniezno,
- from Łódź (junction Stryków) – motorway A1 (toll free) to the junction Kowal, then route 1 through Włocławek,
- from Warsaw – route S7 and then route 10.
Attention: People coming from Germany should remember to turn on dipped headlights after crossing the border.
- Buses and trams of the city public transport. The nearest bus and tram stop to the conference center is Plac Rapackiego (Rapacki’s Square) – one of the main stops in the city. Tickets (the same for both means of transport) can be purchased at each booth with the press. Ticket for one trip for an adult costs 2,80 PLN. 8-journey ticket (so called “karnet”) costs 20,10 PLN. Remember to punch your ticket immediately after boarding the vehicle. There is no charge for baggage but you can not put bags on seats.
- Taxi. We recommend taxis with the phone numbers +48 56 19191 to 19199 on the car. Please, check the prices (they should be placed on the passenger door). The standard price is 6,50 PLN – the initial charge (“opłata początkowa”), 2,40 PLN for 1km weekdays between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., 3,60 PLN for 1km weekdays between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., weekends and holidays.
The following three taxi corporations cooperate with the airport and are recommended by the airport administration:
- ELE SKY TAXI +48 22 811 11 11,
- SUPER TAXI +48 22 578 98 00,
- SAWA TAXI +48 22 644 44 44.
Ride from Frederic Chopin Airport to the Warsaw Central Station costs about 40 PLN.
Attention: Do not use the services of offering taxi in the arrivals hall.
The airport is connected with the station also by train. For information, please, visit http://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/passenger/access-and-car-parks/train/t...
Attention: In this train you should punch your ticket. In the absence of a ticket puncher, go to the first carriage and find a ticket inspector.
- Bus line number 80 from the airport to the railway station (the bus stop is found on the left, round the corner while leaving the terminal).
- Radio Taxi Mercedes (on the right, round the corner while leaving the terminal).
- City Plus Taxi +48 58 196 86.
- For other possibilities, please, visit http://www.airport.gdansk.pl/passenger/arrival1/transfer .
You are also welcome to visit Nicolaus Copernicus University Guide for lots of useful details.